The Bundeswehr Museum of Military History consists of two parts: an arsenal that was built in 1877 and a new extension designed by U.S. architect Daniel Libeskind and completed in 2011. Shaped like a wedge, the extension cuts through the old arsenal. The light and shadow effects produced by the new wedge symbolise the eventful military history of Germany. Both the architecture and the permanent exhibition of the Museum of Military History seek to avoid biased presentations and to challenge traditional perspectives. The exhibition confronts the visitor with his or her own potential for aggression and shows violence as a historical, cultural, and anthropological phenomenon. The permanent exhibition encompasses a thematic exhibition in the new extension and a chronological exhibition in the original building. All in all, some 10,000 exhibits are presented in an exhibition area of 10,000 square metres. The Bundeswehr Museum of Military History aims to open new avenues of thought. It is a platform for public debate on the war and the military in the past, present and future. Your comments and suggestions in our discussion forums, on the Internet, or in the traditional visitors; book will be highly welcome.